Sunday, November 7, 2010

Political Spectrum Quiz -- My Results

Since a lot of what I've written about is political, I thought I'd take the "Political Spectrum Quiz" found over at GoToQuiz.com.  Mind you, the "spectrum" is incomplete and, while it allows some room to finesse answers, I found it to be unsatisfactory.  Moreover, when I think about how all of this plays out religiously, I'm aware that belief in the resurrected Christ and the Christian teachings can shape us to come up with some different answers to the questions.  Nevertheless, I thought this was a fun exercise.


To begin, here's my spectrum which is actually pretty average for those who have taken the quiz so far.  I figured I'd be a little to the left.  I'm surprised I'm not a little more libertarian.


My Political Views
I am a center-left moderate social libertarian
Left: 1.79, Libertarian: 2.21

Political Spectrum Quiz


As for foreign policy, I came down pretty squarely on the left. This is, I'm sure, mostly because of my pacifist answers to questions. As has been said, "There is no way to peace, peace is the way."

My Foreign Policy Views
Score: -4.8

Political Spectrum Quiz


As for culture, I come down pretty well on the cultural liberal side of things, as opposed to cultural conservative. This is where my "libertarian" side of things comes through.

My Culture War Stance
Score: -3.4

Political Spectrum Quiz


Somehow this puts me close to the center.  In the grand scheme of things, this shows me pretty close to middle of the road. I hope that means I have a well thought out political philosophy and not that I'm ambivalent.

One aspect of quiz is that it asks you to rate how big a deal each of the answers were. I think, perhaps, this is one place I could have expressed my opinion a little better.

Well, take the test if you like. You can find it HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment