Monday, May 3, 2010

Church of the Out of Control

Great quote from Leonard Sweet and his “Magna Carta of Trust by and Out-of-Control Disciple.”




I am part of the Church of the Out-of-Control.  I once was a control junkie, but now am an Out-of-Control Disciple.  I’ve given up my control to God.  I trust and obey the Spirit.  I’ve jumped over the fence, I’ve stepped over the line, I’ve pulled out all the stops, I’m holding nothing back.  There’s no turning back, looking around, slowing down, backing up, letting up, or shutting up.  It’s life Against the Odds, Outside the Box, Over the Wall, the game of life played Without Goal Lines other than “They Will Be Done…”

I’m done lapdogging for the topdogs, the wonderdogs, the overdogs, or even the underdogs.  I’m done playing According to the Rules of Etiquette or Martha Stewart’s Rules of Living or Louis Farrakhan’s Rules of America’s Least Wanted or Merrill Lynch’s Money-minding/Bottom-lining/Ladder-climbing Rules of America’s Most Wanted.

I am not here to please the dominant culture or to serve any all-show/no-go bureaucracies.  I live to please my Lord and Savior.  My spiritual taste-buds have graduated from fizz and froth to Fire and Ice.  Sometimes I’m called to sharpen the cutting edge, and sometimes to blunt the cutting edge.  Don’t give me that old-time religion.  Don’t give me that new-time religion.  Give me that all-time religion that’s as hard as rock and soft as snow.

I’ve stopped trying to make life work, and started trying to make life sing.  I’m finished with second-hand sensations, third-rate dreams, low-risk high-rise trades and goose-stepping, flag-waving crusades.  I no longer live by and for anything but everything God-breathed, Christ-centered, and Spirit-driven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment